Save IT resources and make managing your mobile workforce a cinch
It was easier back then. IT departments had to worry about application management in just one place. Everything was on-premises. Back then wasnât all that long ago, either.
Fast forward to right now: Application management extends far outside your own network perimeter. Your users connect to public and private clouds, and they do it with smartphones and tablets. They keep sensitive information on the cloud and on those devices. Itâs your responsibility to secure all of it. Thereâs a unified solution from Microsoft. Is it any surprise that it lives in the cloud, too?
Out with the old
The old ways of doing it donât work. Device and application management relied on on-premise technologies. Migration to a cloud-based solution is the obvious option.
That solution is made even more simple if your users already use Microsoft applications. The Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) hands you the keys for all the components. Device and application management is handled with cloud-based solutions.
Now, you have two types of devices to manage. There are corporate-owned devices. Then there are all the personal PCs and mobile devices your users bring to the BYOD party.
Microsoftâs EMS solution solves the complexity with a combined management system. It’s both on-premise and in the cloud. You manage mobile devices and applications, no matter where they are, from a unified console.
The anywhere, anytime workforce
Productivity requires employees to work from anywhere. Mobile devices get that done. It fuels innovation and profits, but itâs a challenge for IT administrators. Keeping corporate information out of the hands of the wrong people has exploded in scope.
Itâs easy to manage with Microsoft Intune. The solution puts application and device management completely in the cloud if thatâs your strategy. It also lets you continue to manage the process on-premise. Or, a combination of both.
Microsoft also has pushed this device management directly into Office mobile apps. You can extend those same management capabilities to your own applications with the Intune App Wrapping Tool.
Microsoftâs EMS solution consolidates three important areas of manageability for you. Identity management and information protection are two areas. They both require you to be successful with device management. Hereâs how EMS proves its value in that arena:
- You can deliver and manage apps across iOS, Android, Windows and Windows phones. It’s handledÂ by a single management console.
- You can simplify administration by deploying apps automatically when you enroll a new user. They install the apps themselves with a self-service company portal.
- Office mobile apps are easily managed. You can secure sensitive company data by restricting actions such as copy/cut/paste/save.
- You can deploy certificates, email profiles, and VPN or WiFi access to any enrolled device. Users donât have to bring their devices to you.
- You can perform remote operations on mobile devices. If someone needs a passcode reset, you can push it out to them. Or, you can lock a device so it canât be used.
- You can remove access to data or applications for mobile devices, without having to touch them.
- You have consistent management across all devices located either on-premises or in the cloud. Employees appreciate the recognizable and comfortable user experience on all their devices.
All signs point to the cloud
Have your data and applications move to the cloud? Thatâs where device and application management needs to move, too.
Microsoftâs cloud-based Enterprise Mobility Suite saves IT resources and makes managing the growing number of personal mobile devices needing access to your systems an easy process. It solves the security problems that BYOD party brings to your company.
To learn more about how Microsoftâs Enterprise Mobility Suite can support your mobile workforce, give MessageOps a call today at 877-788-1617.